> Microsoft Office 2007 Reviews, Download Office 2007
post Nov 14 2006, 03:44 PM
Post #1

Member is: Offline

Group Icon

Group: Real Members
Member No.: 415

At last it's here!

I just installed Microsoft Office 2007 on my PC and... I'm very disappointed sad.gif What a piece of crap it is! Screenshots on Microsoft website were nice, so I expected Office 2007 to be really good product. Yeah, sure.

Installation (upgrade) was sooooo slooooooow. Moreover, upgrade wizard installed all stupid applications (Microsoft Groove, etc.) on my computer. I didn't ask for it!

Applications like Word and Excel are slow. Outlook 2007 is soooooooo sloooooooooooooooooooooooooow that you may run it, drink a few cups of tea, come back to PC and if you will be really lucky, Outlook 2007 will be started already. Office 2007 is redesigned so badly that I have no idea how to use this package anymore. New interface sucks. Where the hell are menus like "File, Edit, Options, etc."!!!??? They are gone. Instead of old good menus you get hundreds of huge icons on your screen. I still can't find "Options" window to customize settings. Where the fu** it is!?

If I can't set old style interface, I'm going to downgrade to Office 2003. Fu** Microsoft and their new damn stupid sucky software censored.gif censored.gif censored.gif
Profile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
post Nov 15 2006, 02:55 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group Icon

Member No.: 323

Man, is Office 2007 really so bad?

How much memory is installed on your PC? I don't think Office 2007 should be much slower than Office 2003 is.

I noticed removed File, Edit and other menus as well. But I thought it's just a new feature to disable or enable them. Can't they be restored?
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
post Nov 15 2006, 11:32 AM
Post #3

Administrator

Group Icon

Group: Webmaster
Member No.: 1

Installed Office 2007 today. Crap! Big, slow and not user friendly. I'm working with Microsoft Office since Office 95 release many time ago, and Office 2007 is the worst release ever.

I need to learn how to do basic tasks (open files, merge cells, etc.) again. Outlook has tons of stupid functions integrated and yes, it's really slow now.

To be honest, Office 95 is much better and more user friendly than Microsoft Office 2007 is. Really.
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
post Nov 15 2006, 02:28 PM
Post #4

Group Icon

Member No.: 1,190

I did the virtual version of Office 07, and it was somewhat clunky. It sucks, don't buy it!
I tried to install it. It took 15 min to even start the install (on my 2.7GHz 784MB RAM PC). didn't even install it.
COMPLETE RE-EDIT:
Ok, now i'm changing my tone of office 07. it wasn;t so much microsoft's fault as it was my fault.
who was listening to the music in WMP10? me. with the on-line edition i was on mIRC, and still using WMP10. It was somewhat my fault about the speeds. all programs have bugs, we have to live with it.

This post has been edited by yamato: Nov 15 2006, 08:19 PM

Windows XP Home Edition (Service Pack 2) - 784 MB RAM - 128 MB nVida GeForce MX 4000 - 1. 40 GB HDD - 1. 500GB HDD
Profile CardPMEmail Poster
+Quote Post
post Nov 15 2006, 06:39 PM
Post #5

Abusive Moderator

Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 316

They are doing some interesting things with interfaces (hey, they are experimenting; sometimes experiments fail!) and it is good to see that they are trying to innovate. The size of the program, its install time, and its requirements are not acceptable however it it cannot run on most current office computers, which it seemingly cannot.

Monkey killing monkey killing monkey over pieces of the ground.

Silly monkeys give them thumbs they forge a blade

And where there's one they're bound to divide it

Right in two.

-Tool
+Quote Post
post Nov 15 2006, 08:11 PM
Post #6

Group Icon

Yeah, from what I did with the online test version of Office 07, the interface was cutting edge to OpenOffice2.0's interface. Yeah, I am a BIG fan of the OpenSource Movement, but the interface is just too bland. I do kinda like the ribbions thing in Office 07. Can I perhaps be defending Microsoft on this one? Yeah, ok big deal. Sometimes the interface counts more than the performance, just like some builds of Vista.

The fault of the installation time might have been because I was playing WMP10. That is a good test for the office world. Studies say that 9 out of 10 office employees multi-task(and some of those tasks are not editing the new budget, but downloading and hearing a new hit single from a musician.) It's good I tested it, because office employee's beware!

This post has been edited by yamato: Nov 15 2006, 08:15 PM

Windows XP Home Edition (Service Pack 2) - 784 MB RAM - 128 MB nVida GeForce MX 4000 - 1. 40 GB HDD - 1. 500GB HDD
+Quote Post
post Nov 15 2006, 08:24 PM
Post #7

Group Icon

QUOTE(Chiornyj_Vurdalak @ Nov 14 2006, 03:44 PM) *

Outlook 2007 is soooooooo sloooooooooooooooooooooooooow that you may run it, drink a few cups of tea, come back to PC and if you will be really lucky, Outlook 2007 will be started already. Office 2007 is redesigned so badly that I have no idea how to use this package anymore. New interface sucks. Where the hell are menus

When I used Outlook 2007, it had the Outlook 2003 interface. And why do we have 2048MB RAM 1024MB VRAM, and windows vista in our computer's if we are not gonna use the ram and the os to display a newer and better interface.

+Quote Post
post Nov 16 2006, 03:55 AM
Post #8

Abusive Moderator

Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 316

When admins are installing the software they probably won't be multitasking, and they also have the ability to turn off extras like virus scan, firewall and other stuff that you don't need just to install software (when I install software, especially something lengthy like Office, I usually disable the network interface first so not having the AV or firewall on is not a bad thing).

As for OO.o, I use it and its not bad. For a word processor I like ABIword and for a spreadsheet I like GNUmeric (yes, its linux only, yes I wish someone would port it, no I don't have the time or motivation to do it myself). ABIword is imperfect, but it is a great and simple word processor. Generally all I need is the word processor.

Monkey killing monkey killing monkey over pieces of the ground.

Silly monkeys give them thumbs they forge a blade

And where there's one they're bound to divide it

Right in two.

-Tool
+Quote Post
post Nov 17 2006, 06:03 AM
Post #9

Advanced Member

Group Icon

Member No.: 323

QUOTE(yamato @ Nov 16 2006, 06:24 AM) *

When I used Outlook 2007, it had the Outlook 2003 interface.

It's the only (I think so) Office 2007 component which has normal old-style interface.
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
post Nov 17 2006, 05:22 PM
Post #10

Group Icon

Yeah.

+Quote Post
post Nov 22 2006, 10:51 AM
Post #11

Group Icon

Member No.: 540

Please help me to solve Office 2007 problem.

How to disable stupid feature of " symbols in Microsoft Outlook 2007? When I type any text, I can NOT type message like this for example - 'test'. It looks like ,test'

Stupid Outlook 2007 moves first ' or " symbol at the bottom. What the hell!!!!????

I'll probably never drink again.
I may not ever drink again.
At least not 'til next weekend

I'm never gonna drink again!
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
post Nov 22 2006, 12:57 PM
Post #12

Group Icon

Member No.: 941

Original Prankster, I think it's related to Proofing settings. Try to disable automatic proofing tools
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
post Nov 23 2006, 01:16 PM
Post #13

Group Icon

Member No.: 415

Who knows how to remove "Click here to activate instant search" bar from Outlook 2007?
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
post Nov 26 2006, 03:02 PM
Post #14

Group Icon

Member No.: 308

Installed Microsoft Office 2007, ran it for 5 minutes and downgraded to Office 2003 Professional. User interface is absolutely worthless and hard to use. I'm laughing when I think how shocked secretaries will be when their systems will be upgradedto "modern" Office 2007 laugh.gif
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd September 2014 - 10:17 PM
Club Rover   Free Software   Lipskas.com